Google Search

All News and Results concerning famous tournament in the world such african cup (can), world cup, euro, Copa America, transfer...

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dobriskey worried by drug issues.

- 0 Briton Lisa Dobriskey, world 1500m silver medallist, has said the participation of convicted drugs cheats at the European Championships in Barcelona next week gives her cause for concern.

The Ashford-based athlete finished fourth in last Friday's Diamond League meeting in Paris, producing a season's best time of three minutes 59.79 seconds, but found herself almost two seconds behind winner Anna Alminova.
It was the Russian athlete's first international race since returning from a three-month ban for testing positive for pseudoephedrine.
Her winning time of 3:57.65 was the quickest by a female athlete since Yuliya Fomenko in 2006.
"It was phenomenal," Dobriskey marvelled. "I watched it back straight afterwards on the screen. I really have never seen anyone run that fast looking that easy to win a race. It was pretty spectacular."
France's Hind Dehiba (pictured, left, alongside Dobriskey), who recently served a two-year suspension for testing positive for EPO, also finished ahead of Dobriskey, setting a national record in the process.
And the Briton is all too aware of her rivals' chequered pasts, which makes her even more determined to show what can be achieved without performance-enhancing drugs.
"I take the view that I am really going to be the best I can be just to show what you can do as a clean athlete," she said.
"It's really motivated me in a sense to feel I can compete at the top and hopefully it will eventually all become a level playing field.
"But I do feel that it's a shame that the event is tainted. It's so damaging for the sport. I just wish it just wasn't the case."
However, the 26-year-old is adamant that she won't let these issues consume her.
"I've thought about that but if I put that in my head then I'm going to be disadvantaged," she added.
"I'm just going to think to myself that the testers and the IAAF are all doing their job to try to catch cheats - and eventually what goes around, comes around."

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment