Google Search

All News and Results concerning famous tournament in the world such african cup (can), world cup, euro, Copa America, transfer...

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Green defends title in farcical circumstances.

- 0Australian Danny Green defended his IBO cruiserweight world title in Perth after a farcical fight with Paul Briggs ended after just 29 seconds.

Green was left furious after a punch that barely touched Briggs dropped his opponant to the canvas and saw him out for the count
The crowd were left furious with the outcome and Green had to try and calm them down by saying he was even more disappointed than them.
It all came after an equally ludicrous build-up to the contest.
Briggs weighed in at 87.2kg, more than 3kg above the agreed 84kg limit and the fight also had to be moved from Sydney at late notice after the NSW Sports Combat Authority refused to sanction the bout due to health concerns surrounding Briggs.
"Paul Briggs ain't getting paid a cent," said an irate Green to the crowd after the fight.
"I don't blame each and every one of you guys in here for being filthy.
"I want to go to the change room right now and give him the flogging he deserves.
"I just can't say sorry enough. I don't know, I'm just flipping out right here."
The win improves Green's record to 30 wins (27 by knockout) and three losses.

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment