Google Search

All News and Results concerning famous tournament in the world such african cup (can), world cup, euro, Copa America, transfer...

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Voeckler: "A day of earned ..."

"Une journée de gagnée..." - CYCLISME - Tour de France
Thomas Voeckler Tuesday spent his first day in yellow in the Tour 2011. The old Alsatian found very pleasant sensations. But it has changed since the epic 2004. The experience and allow it to age much better to handle all sides. And show the way for his team.


When it is left on bus Europcar EC MIDI to Aurillac, Thomas Voeckler to hear a clamor from the public up. Also he saw a crowd of journalists rushed to him. An air of deja vu. As already experienced. There SNA September, pendant 10 days, the one who taught France to discover and love So had undergone this ritual. Suffered more than any other choice. Before the start of this Tour in 2011, the new leader had Europcar fait confession. " In 2004, I was very young, and I do not count my way of those who pass CE brag about me. If the chance again I wear the Yellow Jersey I doubt it very much, healthier take advantage . "

Then Voeckler appreciated. Every second. Above all, it runs much better all the constraints imposed by the Yellow Jersey. The privilege of age. "Solicitations, I knowSaid he. I step back, from my experience, management, left to the discontented". In 2004, Ti-Blanc needed to be protected. Today, proof that times have changed, it is he who is enjoying his experience to the team Europcar."We are a team ranked second in global division, all great teams are there in the Tour and it's up to us to control the race ... The team, three riders were making their first Tour de France and it is not easy for them to manage all that. The Yellow JerseyIs not nothing. " And he knows whereof he speaks. 

Concentration is the key word:
In his epic of 2004, he kept a lesson: the port of Yellow Jersey requires a concentration even higher than it should be in normal times. Be concentrated. A real leitmotiv. He spoke before and after the stage. In between, he has moved from theory to practice. In the final challenge of the day, he found himself at the point of following Philippe Gilbert in his attack. The Yellow Jersey before the final, it had to face. "I had seen on the course there was a hill 15 kilometers from the finish, tells Voeckler. I knew that some would try to win for Cavendish green jersey. I followed attacksI found myself in front but I did not want to give everything as Gilbert. I was not 100%."
For its first step in yellow, twice champion of France has achieved a near perfect race management. But it was still necessary that the whole team is in tune. If Voeckler fed a concern, or at least uncertainty about this, he was reassured. "Km from the zero resumes Yellow Jersey, step may well be in transition for followers, we need a maximum concentration not to let too many runners to escape, or a well-placed rider, and also pay attention to the pitfalls of the road. When not leading, we do not necessarily need to think about all this. But I felt a big cohesion around me from the start fictitious it went well, as long as it lasts. It is a day won."
How many are left there? He refuses to step into the field. "I can not answer this question"He said without willingness to scroll. Some in his own team, lends very high ambitions. But Voeckler will not say a word. "I take very day one after the other. What is certain is that I'm not going to keep ten days this time". Logic would hand it passes in the Pyrenees."Admittedly, Thursday Luz-ArdidenIt will be very difficult for me to keep it. It really is not won for me." 

Video:

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment