Google Search

All News and Results concerning famous tournament in the world such african cup (can), world cup, euro, Copa America, transfer...

Friday, July 15, 2011

Roy: "It would have taken a miracle"

Jérémy Roy a tout donné, mais la victoire lui a encore échappé. (Maxppp) 
Jérémy Roy gave everything, but victory still eluded him.


Jérémy Roy is tireless. For the fifth time since the start of the Tour de France, the French took the day's break on Friday between Pau and Lourdes. Alone in the lead in the second half of the cervix Aubisque, the rider of the JDF has been taken only three kilometers to go by the winner Thor Hushovd. Obviously disappointed, he explained not having enough fuel in the engine. And it's not the polka dot jersey which console.


Jeremy, why did not you could go to the end of your ride along?
Because I shook the engine in the last ten kilometers. With the head wind was very difficult. Especially two against one. It should have been one miracle at Lourdes but there was none.

How long have you believed?

When they told me I had only 30 seconds to ten kilometers I say it would be hard. But after they looked and I could just regroove. I then said it was feasible. But there were two ramps false flat before the arrival at Lourdes that I have been fatal. I stumbled into it like a wall.

What is your reaction when you pass the finish line?
It was very emotional. I did not spend the day before already. It's a little chance that propelled me to the front of the stage. I made a great rise of the Aubisque. Then the public has been incredible, he chanted my name on arrival.
"There was no reason why it (Moncoutié) not running"

Where do you get these resources?
Honestly, I had recovered well from yesterday (Where he was already escaped, ie). I had a craving in the final and we always say that the day after a hunger we are well. But I may have been a today because I have not eaten much in step. I hope I got one for it to go well tomorrow (Laughs). I hope still recover well because I thought to spend the day warm and Saturday's stage will be severe and cruel. There Latrape collar and do not want me going out the window (Laughs).

What do you remember that day? One imagines that polka dot jersey and the price of the fighting you would probably a trade against a stage victory.
Exactly. I exchange all against a stage victory. I remember the day I ride the public ... It's magical. We all dream of knowing that one day. He did miss the victory.

Do you want to Moncoutie have occasionally slipped a hand to Thor Hushovd in the pursuit?
No, this is the game We're not the same team, there is no Franco-French coalition. Everyone defends his sponsor. There was no reason why it does not roll. I did the same.

Will you defend the polka dot jersey?
It will be very complicated for me (Laughs).

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment